So Many Ways To Follow

IconIconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 6, 2012

Cheeseburger Pie


Monday, a day to dread?  Heck no!  It's the day the produce box is delivered and you get to wait in anticipation just like Christmas morning!  Really pathetic isn't it?!  I ordered the small box this week because it's just me and Libby and we won't eat nearly as much.  I prefer the variety in the medium box.  I never realized how much produce we go through in a week, but it's a glorious thing!  Now I am trying to plan my recipes for the rest of the week, well until I go out of town again.  Romantic weekend away, it should be lovely!


Dinner tonight is a family favorite.  It's very easy and the kids have always loved it.  Libby pointed out that I only make it when Chip is out of town.  Hmm, not sure why.  Well, he will get the leftovers!   It's the perfect fix when you're in a hurry or maybe lacking imagination!  Yep, that would be me, no imagination today.  Still trying to recover from not sleeping in a hotel.  It was horrid.  Our room was right by the elevator and apparently every Jerseyshore wannabe was there to gamble or hanging out for a birthday party or they were teenagers whose parents paid for a hotel room for them to party in.  Whoever they were they didn't understand the concept of using a low voice or how about no voice while standing in the hall waiting for the elevator at 3 in the morning!!!!

Would you like the recipe or do you just want to read more about my fabulous weekend in a hotel in Upstate New York?  Okay, I will.....share the recipe!




Cheeseburger Pie
(adapted from the back of the Bisquick box)

1 pound ground meat (I used turkey, but you may use beef, chicken or whatever you wish)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp minced onion
A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup Bisquick
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Brown the meat, drain, then add the garlic powder, minced onion and Worcestershire sauce.  Place in prepared pan.


Sprinkle with shredded cheese.


Mix milk, eggs and pancake mix and pour over the meat and cheese.


Bake for 25 minutes and serve with your favorite burger toppings.  Maybe some ketchup, barbecue sauce, tomatoes, bacon, whatever makes you really happy!  We enjoyed ours with a salad and tater tots this evening.




20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. This has always been a lifesaver meal for us as well. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. This is a really easy and delicious meal, everyone should try it at least once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat it at least once when my kids are home from college. It's fast and easy.

      Delete
  3. This is delicious I reccomensd adding bacon bits to the top enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon bits would be delicious. I, personally, don't eat bacon, but I know my family would love that. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  4. This didn't have much flavor :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can easily change the flavor of this by adding anything you would normally add to a hamburger/cheeseburger. That's the beauty of this recipe, you can make it your own in no time. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. making this right now! I added sauteed onions to the turkey before baking it. It smells great and I'm hoping my picky toddlers love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it and the picky toddlers too! My kids have been eating this for years! They love to put ketchup on it just like a regular ol' hamburger!

      Delete
  6. This is so yummy - I add pickles and mustard to the top of mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! We add ketchup and sometimes tomatoes. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  7. Anybody ever try ranch seasoning cooked into the Burger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never thought of that, but what a great idea! If you try it please let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  8. This was so yummy! I added raw bacon when I browned the meat and I made a vital wheat gluten mix rather than Bisquick to make it low carb. My hubby loved it and I had dinner ready in less than 40 minutes. Perfect!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love the changes you made! Feel free to check out some of my other posts. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  9. SO good. I added sweet corn and little bit of Lawrys seasoning. Definitely something that I will continue to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it. I add seasonings to mine as well and then everyone tops it with their favorites!

      Delete
  10. I'm going to make this tonight... But I'm going to add sautéed onions and green chilies... Maybe a little taco seasoning..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome!!! I love adding extras to mine every now and then as well. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete