So Many Ways To Follow

IconIconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Match® Southwest Burgers





Yesterday when I woke up I thought, today will be the perfect day to crack open the grill and make some burgers!  Well, Mother Nature, that temperamental one, had other plans.  With wind gusts in the 50s, the thought of fighting the grill and the debris that could easily fly into the burgers made me change my mind.  So, I fired up the cast iron skillet instead.  Okay, it's not nearly the same I know, but safety and taste were on my mind!  Would you have toughed it out anyway?  Are you calling me a wimp?  Unadventurous?   Or maybe genius has crossed your mind?   It's okay, I don't mind if you call me a genius for making this brilliant decision!

Have a wonderful first day of March!  March is a great month don't you think?  Spring is on the horizon, spring break with the kids, more sun than gray skies, and spending more time outside!  Can you really ask for anything more?





I know I have raved about the Match® products in the past.  I only use their breakfast sausage when making biscuits and gravy, but I really enjoy the beef product too.  I cannot tell I am not eating beef.  I think it tastes better and we all know it's better for you.  I am really trying to reduce the fat intake in our house and increase our vegetable consumption.  The vegetables are becoming easier since I started with the fresh produce delivery every week from Connie's Green Grocery.  Seriously, if you're in the St. Louis area check them out.  If not, why not search your area for a similar service?  It's worth every penny, I promise!

Why not try a plant protein product to replace your beef burgers sometime?  I think you will be pleasantly surprised how little you will miss the real stuff!


Match® Southwest Burgers
(from Match Meat)


1 pound Match® beef
1/2 cup corn, chopped
1/2 cup black beans, drained, rinsed and chopped
1/4 cup chopped green chiles
1 Tbsp dried chives
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper



*Mix all ingredients.  Form into desired size patties.  Grill or saute on non-stick prepared surface on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until heated through.









*Serve on bun with your favorite Southwest condiments.


We enjoyed ours with sauteed onions and peppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment