So Many Ways To Follow

IconIconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fresh Peach Cookies


I know, I know it's a bit early for fresh peaches, I mean they aren't ready until July.  Well, I received five tiny rock-hard, greenish peaches last week in my produce delivery.  They were ready to be used, but what should I do?  I would have enjoyed grilling them, but will not be home tonight and I'm not sure they would have lasted until tomorrow.  So I went blogger stalking and found this beauty of a recipe.  You see, I have made Strawberry Marshmallow Cookies, so why not peach cookies????  Sounds like an easy concept.  I found a bunch that LOOK like peaches, but did not use peaches in the recipe.  Seriously who wants to eat a cookie that looks like a peach but doesn't taste like a peach?  Not me, that's for sure.




All that stalking paid off.   Let me tell you these taste like....CHICKEN...just kidding!  I had to say it, I mean don't we always compare everything to chicken?  No, seriously, they taste like peach pie.  Not as good as my grandma's peach pie, but peach pie.  Hmm, that has me thinking, maybe if I had sprinkled these with a little sugar on top it would have been more like pie?  Next time for sure.  When you have peaches, which is late in the summer for normal people, give these a try, they are super easy to make, I promise!


Fresh Peach Cookies
(adapted from food.com)

1/2  cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp salt
3 medium fresh, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and diced

1.  Preheat oven to 375°.  Line baking sheets with parchments paper.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl of a stand up mixer.
4. Add egg and vanilla.  Beat until light and fluffy.
5. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of the flour mixture onto your diced peaches, this keeps the dough from being too wet.
6. Gradually stir flour mixture into egg mixture, until combined.
7. Stir peaches into the dough.
8. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Cool completely.


1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Recently, my peaches fell off of the tree prematurely in a storm. They are all about two inches in diameter, and I am letting them ripen in a paper bag. However, I can't help but let them go to waste! I found your recipe and was wondering if you thought that it would work for my peaches.
    Thank you!!!
    PS- Those cookies look fantastic! I had the same trouble with the peach shaped, "peach" cookies.

    ReplyDelete