So Many Ways To Follow

IconIconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 24, 2012

Holiday Brunch - Cooking Light Cook Club


Last month I received this wonderful basket filled with goodies from Cooking Light's Cook Club.  It was filled with coupons, recipes and some swag!  I needed to plan a holiday brunch for nine people and use the recipes provided.  I would need to take pictures when hosting the party, which I will share with the Cook Club as well as all of you!

The date was selected, but we decided to make it a Tacky/Ugly Holiday Sweater Holiday Brunch.  Oh I wish I had not been so busy cooking to get  photos of everyone, but the sweaters were lovely.  The men seemed to embrace it more than the women.  My son was the funniest with his antlers, woman's sweater, hideous tie, a plaid shirt (that did not coordinate) and he found of pair of his sisters fuzzy socks.  It was so much fun.


The real treat for the day was the four of us working together in the kitchen preparing the feast.  It's been a long time since all of us have been in the same room doing something together.  The kids had their assignments and Chip was the bartender.



The menu was simple (okay maybe not terribly simple, but not too complicated) and filled with some really delicious food and drink.  I only made two of the three suggested recipes.  The one I did not make was the omelets.  It was just too much to make individual omelets and enjoy my own party!

Here's the menu:


Antipasto platter
Fruit platter
Yogurt Parfaits
Vegetable tree with dill dip and hummus
Pita and guacamole trees
Crustless Cheese Quiche
Mushroom and Spinach Crustless Quiche
Bacon and sausage links
Hawaiian French Toast
Potato Hash
Ham and Cheese Scones*
Bloody Mary's*
Mimosas
Pomfresca

*Cooking Light Recipes

I think I will need to break this up a bit so as not to lose any of you with a super long post.  I tried everything except the Bloody Mary's, I just don't like tomato juice and no amount of doctoring it will change my mind!

I will share the recipes after Christmas.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and enjoy every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment