Meatball subs are so yummy, but they are a mess to eat! I made this casserole the other night and the bonus? It's meatless. Yes, you can buy meatless meatballs and you will never know the difference. Plus, this is super simple and perfect for a weeknight meal. I know everyone is always in such a big hurry and this should help, at least a little!
I hope you all are having a great week.. I hope to have lots to share one of these days! We are busy and overwhelmed. I think it's all good though.
Deconstructed Meatball Sub Casserole
6 slices provolone cheese
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced (I used mini sweet peppers)
1 package prepared meatballs, thawed (I used Morning Star)
1 jar marinara
1 cup mozzarella
1. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Press pizza crust into pan and bake in a 375° for 8 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, spoon half of the marinara on the crust, top with provolone slices, then sliced peppers and finally the meatballs. Top with remaining marinara and finally the mozzarella.
4. Return to oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is completely melted.
5. Cut into squares and enjoy with a salad.