So Many Ways To Follow

IconIconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

President's Day Weekend

A beautiful sunset

Did you all enjoy your long holiday weekend, if you had the luxury of having the day off?  Otherwise, I suppose it was just the same as any other.  We are traveling.  Looking for houses, hiking and eating our way through Scottsdale.  It happens!  I am thankful for the hiking and having an exercise room in the hotel.




I have a few pictures to share with you.  I did not take photos of my meals because I try to just enjoy the restaurants and the food.  I find taking pictures while eating to be distracting to myself and other diners.  What do you think?  I know a lot of people take pictures of their food, and I have done it on occasion, but I'm just not feeling it at this time.  I understand there are some restaurants across the country who are forbidding patrons from taking photos of their food.  I suppose that's their choice.

Anyway, we are really down here to look for a home.  I believe we have done just that.  I'm not sharing too much right now.  Sorry!  We have discussed it with the kids and feel they are the most important to know our future plans.

The weather has been perfect and we had a couple of amazing hikes.  The second one was over nine miles and was exhausting.  We decided to take Monday off and relax a bit.  Our bodies are thanking us!!


We have eaten some unbelievable meals.  Our first was at Rancho Pinot, one of our favorites.  I had the most amazing pasta dish with lobster.  Wow, that's just about all I could say.  Normally a dish including lobster is heavy with cream, but this one was light and delicious.  Our server told us everyone who has ordered it ate every bite.  Yep, me too!

We also dined at Citizen Public House.  What a great place.  It's located in Old Town.  Wonderful food, a fantastic server and a cocktail list that is to die for.  We passed on dessert because we had cupcakes left from the farmer's market.

Red Velvet, Chocolate Raspberry and Salted Caramel Mini-Cupcakes

Another of our favorite restaurants in town is Beckett's Table.  It's not convenient in any way shape or form, but the drive is worth it.  I chose to only eat vegetables that night because they always have the best options. But, dessert was unbelievable.  We shared coconut cake.  It arrived on a wood board.  The cake was a large square coated in coconut with a couple of generous smears of coconut pudding, hot fudge and a scoop of brown butter ice cream.  The bonus of eating at Beckett's Table on a Sunday?  50% off bottles of Arizona wines.  It was a wonderful evening and we made it back to the hotel with extremely full stomachs and big smiles on our faces before nodding off for the evening.

A local beer.  Oh, it's Arizona Beer Week too!!

A trip to Arizona is not complete without some sort of Mexican food.  We chose Blanco Tacos & Tequila.  We met one of Chip's co-workers and her husband there.  It's been fun meeting some of the people I hear so much about.  They are also glad to meet me and finally believe that Chip has a family!  Okay, Blanco is great and has delicious margaritas.  We sat outside and truly enjoyed the beautiful desert evening.

Vegetable Quiche Handpie!

I have been trying to get a feel for the area this trip.  I am venturing out on my own today.  Wish me luck!

 I can't wait to get home and cook in my kitchen again.  It seems like forever.  It's the one thing I miss most.  Yes, I miss my bed, but having the option to eat at home is one of my favorites.  We usually only eat out once a week, so seven nights of it is a bit much for me.  Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment