So Many Ways To Follow

IconIconIconIconFollow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Baked Pesto Chicken Tenders


Do you have pesto you made from all that basil you grew last summer?  You put it in the freezer and just happened upon it on a Sunday afternoon?  You too?!  What do you do with yours?  Well, I decided to give this a try and it was delicious.  Very moist chicken, full of flavors and no frying!  My freezer is getting more empty with each passing day!  That will change soon as I plan to add things for the hotel.  I will have a kitchen, but they're not great for creating a meal!  I know how easy it is to eat at restaurants and make less than perfect choices, so I thought if I make some food maybe I could keep our waistlines at their current size!

I'm also thinking of baking/making snacks for the drive.  I mean, it's about 22 hours total and I do not eat fast food, so we need to have healthy options at hand.  What do you like to pack for long car trips?  I would love your ideas!




Baked Pesto Chicken Tenders

1 package chicken tenders (about 1 pound)
1 cup homemade pesto
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs (I used half bread crumbs and half whole wheat panko)
Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 375°.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Place pesto in a pie plate.  Place bread crumbs in another pie plate.
Coat chicken with pesto.


Next, coat chicken with bread crumbs.


Place tenders on baking sheet and place in prepared oven.  Bake for about 25 minutes, or until cooked through.

We enjoyed ours with roasted cauliflower, but while we were eating we thought they would be delicious with pasta, mac and cheese, or maybe a salad.  The flavors were wonderful.  I was extremely pleased with the outcome.  Again, another easy weeknight meal that I believe kids will love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment